| Shore Scripts Short Film Fund|
171 Pier Avenue, #145
Santa Monica, 90405-5363
|Description: ||$30,000 in Cash Grants in 2023. For screenwriters and/or filmmakers who want to see their short film script produced and create a calling card to help them progress in the industry as writers or writer-directors. Previous winners have had their films screened at Tribeca, BFI London, and won a BAFTA... Alumni working on Netflix & BBC Shows.|
|Objective: ||The Shore Scripts Short Film Fund offers screenwriters and filmmakers an opportunity to have their short film scripts financed and produced.|
|Eligibility: ||All, Anywhere|
|Entry Fee: ||$40-$50|
|Type: || Short Screenplay|
|Originates From: ||United States|
|Sponsored By: ||Production Company|
|Start Date: ||7/15/2023|
|Submission Deadlines: ||10/31/2023|
|Winners Announced: ||14th December 2023|
|Year of Origin: ||2016|
|Rules: ||Scripts should be within 2-30 pages. Writers can exceed the recommended limits by up to 30 pages, with an additional fee of $1 per page.|
All scripts must be in English. We welcome submissions from all countries. The winning short(s) can be filmed in any country. We accept foreign language films (as long as the script is in English). The finished film will need to have English language subtitles.
We accept short film scripts, web series pilots, animations, and proof-of-concept shorts for TV series and Features.
We accept scripts for short films that have already been filmed or are in the process of production and require additional Finishing Funds. Submissions for Finishing Funds must be entered as a Standard entry but with the Format marked as "In Production Film". Then include a password-protected link to a Vimeo or Youtube location where we can view your work-in-progress film in the 'Comment to Reader' text box provided.
RULES, FAQ & MORE INFO CAN BE SEEN HERE: https://www.shorescripts.com/rules-faq/#sff-rules
|Prizes and Awards: ||- Grand Prize Winner - A Cash Grant of $15K and support to take your short screenplay into production. Free camera equipment rental from ARRI Rental for the duration of production in any country that they operate.|
- Plus, the Grand Prize Winner will receive Festival Strategy consultancy with Kimberley Browning (Filmmaker & Festival Programmer - Tribeca, Catalyst Content Festival, Production Advisor - Tribeca UNTOLD STORIES feature program). This includes a comprehensive evaluation and notes during post-production, as well as a film festival submission strategy and planning session to create a plan that helps navigate the festival circuit and support the filmmaker's goals and career development. And receive a Free Online or In-Person All Access Badge to HollyShorts 2023.
- 2nd Place Winner - A Cash Prize of $1000 and feedback on their script from one of our esteemed Judges, plus the offer of script circulation and free access to our private Facebook screenwriting community.
- Both Winners will have the opportunity to discuss their scripts and career next steps with Oscar-nominated producer MARIA GRACIA TURGEON and receive a Free Screenwriting Book of their choice from Michael Wiese Productions.
- Top 5 Finalists – will receive feedback on their scripts from one of our esteemed Judges, in addition to these prizes:
- Top 15 Finalists – with your permission, your script will be sent to our Judges, Directors, & specially chosen members of our Industry.
- New for 2023 SFF2! Semi-Finalists – will receive free access to our private Facebook screenwriting community.
|More: ||Dates & Fees|
Opening Date - July 15, 2023
Early Deadline - August 20, 2023
Regular Deadline – September 29, 2023
Final Deadline - October 31, 2023
Semi-Finalists Announced – November 24, 2023
Finalists Announced – December 01, 2023
Winners Announced - December 14, 2023
Our Short Film Fund is for screenwriters and/or directors who want to see their short film script produced and create a calling card to help them progress in the industry. As an emerging writer, getting a script produced is a transformative career milestone that can open new opportunities and help you pitch your stories to producers, managers, and agents.
The Fund accepts submissions from writers and filmmakers who have a script they wish to direct or wish to have Shore Scripts attach a director and crew to take the project through into production. We also accept submissions from short film projects in production seeking finishing funds.
All scripts must be in English. The Fund welcomes submissions from screenwriters and filmmakers from around the world. We accept short scripts, web series pilots, animations, and proof-of-concept shorts for TV series and Features. The production can be filmed in any country and any language. For foreign language films, the finished film will need to have English language subtitles
We can offer end-to-end support from script development to post-production and release. Grand Prize winners will receive production mentorship from Oscar-nominated producer Maria Gracia Turgeon and a personalized festival strategy from Tribeca festival programmer Kimberley Browning.
We do not seek to obtain any rights over your script or the resulting film at any time. For those who take the funding, we ask for a production company credit and access to promotional material from the produced short film project to promote the film and the fund in the future.
Our previous 18 funded short films have played at some of the top film festivals in the world, including Tribeca, BFI London, Austin, Cannes, Encounters, Palm Springs, and many others. Our writers have gone on to gain representation, sold screenplays, and been staffed on TV shows as a direct result of entering.
READ MORE ABOUT THE HISTORY OF THE SHORT FILM FUND: https://www.shorescripts.com/historyoftheshortfilmfund/
Plus, every writer who enters receives a FREE 18-page booklet on HOW TO GET YOUR SCREENPLAY PRODUCED.
TAKE A LOOK AT OUR PREVIOUS WINNERS' FILMS HERE: