| Breaking Walls Thriller Screenplay Contest|
|Description: ||Breaking Walls is the leading screenplay contest for writers in the thriller genre. Hollywood literary reps and production companies have agreed to receive the winning script as well as consider all of the finalists' loglines. Plus, the winner receives a free Script Listing from our sponsors at InkTip, where hundreds of other reps and producers can also find your contest winning screenplay!|
|Objective: ||Well-written thrillers are an excellent way for writers to show Hollywood pros a combination of commerciality, unique voice, and a clear understanding of effective feature film narrative. We're here to break down the walls between your talent and the industry pros looking for the next great thriller writer!|
|Eligibility: ||Open to writers 18 years of age or older|
|Entry Fee: ||Earlybird: $35, Regular: $40, Late: $45, Extended $60|
|Type: || Screenplay|
|Promotes: || Specific Genres|
|Originates From: ||United States|
|Sponsored By: ||Other|
|Start Date: ||12/22/2018|
|Submission Deadlines: ||2/22/2019|
|Winners Announced: ||End of Feb 2019|
|Year of Origin: ||2013|
|Rules: ||- International entries are allowed but the script must be written in English.|
- The submitted script must be in PDF format and must be submitted electronically.
- A title page with contact information must be included with every submitted script.
- The script must be 80 to 130 pages in 12pt Courier (or Courier Final Draft) with standard screenplay margins and spacing, and pages must be numbered.
- The script must be unproduced at the time of submission and must be an original screenplay intended for the medium of feature film and the submitter must own 100% of the rights to the script when submitting. Adaptations are eligible as long as the writer can prove full ownership of the original property or life rights (or if the source material is public domain according to US Copyright law.)
- If the script is written by a writing team, it must be submitted by one of the writers with the consent of the other (any and all prizes will be sent to the writer who submitted the winning script, it is the responsibility of the writing team to share or divide the prizes.)
- All entries must be received on or before midnight (Pacific Time) on the date of the deadline and must be paid in full to be considered.
- There is no limit to the number of different scripts you may submit. Duplicate entries of the same project, however, will be automatically disqualified.
- Once a script has been submitted, we are under no obligation to accept any revisions. Corrected pages or revised drafts may be considered on a case-by-case basis but we strongly recommend proofreading your initial submission draft.
- The decisions of the judges are final and shall not be disputed. The contest and its coordinators may not be held responsible for any errors or omissions by the judges.
- By entering the contest, the writer(s) understand that there is no guarantee of representation (by an agent or manager) and/or production in the event that a script is chosen as a winner. Consideration of the script is given for the sole purpose of choosing a winner for the contest.
- All scripts submitted must be registered with the WGAw and/or the US Copyright Office before the time of submission.
- The entry fee must be paid in US Dollars and are nonrefundable. Winners who may be awarded a cash prize shall be responsible for his or her own income tax. If a winner is awarded a cash prize, the entrant is responsible for providing an accurate PayPal address or bank account to receive the cash prize.
- Previous winning scripts are NOT eligible. (Other scripts by the winning writer are still eligible.)
|Prizes and Awards: ||GRAND PRIZE WINNER|
- $300 in prizes
- Full winning script sent to Hollywood literary representation and production companies
- Included in annual Best of Competition spotlight in industry newsletter with a featured bio on the writer and the winning screenplay
- A free Script Listing package from InkTip, where additional reps and producers can also find you and your contest winning screenplay
- $100 in prizes
- Featured logline sent to Hollywood literary representation and production companies for a potential read request
- Considered for annual Best of Competition spotlight in industry newsletter with a brief bio on the writer and the winning screenplay
- Logline sent to Hollywood literary representation and production companies for a potential read request
|More: ||See our web site at http://www.thrillerscreenplay.com for further details.|