| Nickelodeon Writing Program|
231 W. Olive Avenue
Burbank, CA 91502
|Contact: ||Karen Kirkland, VP, Talent Development & Outreach|
|Description: ||Call for Entries!|
Nickelodeon's Writing Program offers aspiring television writers from around the globe, with diverse backgrounds and experiences, the opportunity to hone their skills while writing for our live action and animated shows. Participants will have hands-on interaction with executives writing spec scripts and pitching story ideas.
We've gone digital! Access the online application and review the submission guidelines on our website at www.nickwriting.com.
Information via email: email@example.com, Follow us on twitter @NickWriting, Find us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/NickWriting
|Objective: ||The Program, developed to broaden Nickelodeon’s outreach efforts, provides a salaried position for up to one year (for Domestic writers) and up to six months (for International writers). The submission period runs from January 2 – February 28, 2017.|
|Eligibility: ||No previous paid writing experience is necessary. Domestic & International applicants may apply.|
|Entry Fee: ||No fee.|
|Type: || TV Scripts|
|Promotes: || Minorities|
|Originates From: ||United States|
|Sponsored By: ||None|
|Start Date: ||1/2/2017|
|Submission Deadlines: ||2/28/2017|
|Winners Announced: ||Chosen writers will be notified by the end of September.|
|Year of Origin: ||2000|
|Rules: ||- You must be 18 years or older to participate|
- If you have previously applied to the Program and have not been selected, you are welcomed and encouraged to apply again. However you are required to submit a different spec script for each new submission period.
- Appropriate spec scripts must be:
• Comedic; either Live-Action or Animation
• Based on a show from the "Accepted Shows List" (posted on our website)
• Typed in standard Final Draft (or equivalent) script format
• In black type
• In 12pt courier style font
• Do not upload a cover page with your script.
• The first page of your script must include the name of the show in the center of the header.
• The first page of your script must include the title of the episode in the center of the footer.
• Do not put your name anywhere on the script or the file name.
The following materials will NOT be considered: feature-length screenplays, hour-long dramas, reality-based comedies or dramas, pilots, treatments, outlines, plays, short stories, books, graphics, magazine/newspaper articles, poems, headshots, audio/video tapes, or other digital media.
Please note: Submissions that do not adhere to these guidelines will not be considered.
|Prizes and Awards: ||A salaried position for up to one year (for Domestic writers) and up to six months (for International writers) and the opportunity to write for Nickelodeon live action and animated television.|
|More: ||Domestic (U.S.) applicants must possess and present evidence of identity and United States employment eligibility (valid for the duration of the Program). International applicants must meet all passport and visa requirements for traveling to and working in the United States. |